- Game Guide
- Item Mall
GunZ also includes a unique Quest Mode where players cooperate to complete a common objective. It takes place on smaller versions of the main maps. The main objective is to kill all the monsters on each map and proceed to the next stage.
- The game may require additional system resources for Quest Mode. Even if your computer satisfies the game’s minimum system requirements for other game modes (such as Death Match), Quest Mode may not run properly.
- Quest mode does not allow you to enter a game which is already in progress.
- The maximum capacity of a Quest Mode room is four players. However, a single player can play Quest Mode alone, though the difficulty and rewards will remain the same.
- In Quest Mode, players receive no reward if the Quest is not successfully completed. If a player exits the game before it’s completed, he or she will not receive any rewards even if the other players are able to finish the quest.
How to play
The steps to play Quest mode game are as follows:
1. Choose a map and if you wish, place any Sacrifice Items on the Altar of Quest Item in the game room to select a more challenging level. If no you don’t use any Sacrifice Items, the game will automatically select the easiest Quest Level. (If a player's level is lower then 5, they will be put in Quest Level 0; if the player's level is 5 or higher, they will be put in Quest Level 1.)
2. Play the game in the selected mode. Most quest scenarios are composed of 3 to 6 small stages, and the main mission is to eliminate all enemy monsters in each stage. Players must enter the Portal within a certain amount of time to proceed to the next stage, and each player receives XP upon completing a stage.
3. When you complete a scenario, each participant gets some additional XP. Players will also receive some Bounty points and quest items, which are only available through Quest Mode. All players receive the same amount of XP and Bounty, but the rewarded items will vary. Items that players picked up during the quest will be randomly distributed once the quest is complete.
If all players on a team are killed by monsters, none will receive any reward.
Quest Mode has six Quest Levels (QL), numbered 0 to 5, with 0 being the easiest and 5 being the hardest.
The game will assign QL 0 or 1 based on the levels of the participating players. If all participants are level 5 or higher, the game will automatically select QL 1. QL 0 and 1 quests do not require any Bounty points to play, but players need to purchase items from the Bounty item shop and sacrifice them to play quests of QL 2 or higher.
Quests without boss monsters are called Regular Scenarios. You must meet the prerequisites below in order to play them:
|QL||Character Level||Sacrificial Item|
|0||Level 4 or Lower||None|
|2||Level 13+||Torn Page 13|
|3||Level 25+||Torn Page 25|
|4||Level 41+||Torn Page 41|
|5||Level 65+||Torn Page 65|
You will need a Torn Page to play quests of QL 2-5. You can buy Torn Pages in the Bounty item shop. To use the Torn Pages, all players in the game room must be at least the level of the page number. For example, if your group would like to use Torn Page 25, every player must be level 25 or higher.
Quests that include boss monsters are called Special Scenarios. To get a Special Scenario you’ll have to sacrifice a special quest item (not Torn Pages) on the Altar of Quest Item. You can open a Special Scenario with certain combinations of Quest Items before beginning a quest.
The exact combinations you’ll need are a secret, but here are some hints:
- Sacrificial Quest Items that can open Special Scenarios are not dropped from the monsters in Quest Levels 0 and 1. To play Special Scenarios, you’ll have to challenge the higher level Regular Scenario Quests.
- The higher the Quest Level of the Regular Scenario, the more important the Sacrificial Items that will drop. If your characters' levels are high enough, try high-levels quests using Torn Pages.
- All Special Scenarios with boss monsters require a combination of two Sacrificial Items. Please try all possible combinations of all items you have.
- The more common monsters will be more likely to drop unimportant items that won’t help you access Special Scenarios.
Special Scenarios only have one Quest Level, and the levels of the participating players do not affect the Quest Level at all. (However, higher levels are required to obtain Special Scenario Sacrificial Items from Quest monsters).
You’ll get some XP and Bounty whenever you finish a quest, plus a chance to get Quest Items that can be sold for extra Bounty.
Quest rewards can also include special weapons or armor. These are special items that aren’t available in the Bounty Item Shop or even the Cash Item Shop.
- Unique Items, which can only be obtained through quests, are never sold in the Bounty Item Shop or Cash Item Shop.
- All Unique Items have a limited usage period.
- Unique Items can be used in all game modes.
- Unique Items cannot be sold in the Bounty Item Shop.